Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fashion Bloggers

Here is a blog post I did for Chiq.com. I researched fashion bloggers and used some of the blogs that I follow personally. If you like this post, please go to Chiq.com and  follow me there!

Some common habits of mine are to: shop online for purchases I know I cant afford, check out celebrity gossips sites for juicy details, and check out fashion blogs for trends, pictures, brands and the individual experience with fashion. There are millions of blogs devoted to fashion but I wanted to show you all some of my top favorites.

Fashion Toast
http://www.fashiontoast.com/
This blog is written by Rumi Neely and exemplifies her passion for fashion. Rumi shows her own style and will post many pictures so her readers can have a visual of her experiences and ideas. I like that she will explain her personal stories wearing the clothing and the events she attends. Reading this blog allows the audience to get to know Rumi and see her as a go-to-girl when it comes to fashion.


Sea of Shoes
http://seaofshoes.typepad.com/sea_of_shoes/

I find this blog to be one of my favorites. The content is about new fashion finds and the daily life of the author Anna Magnani, The layout is very original and I like the essence she puts in her pictures. Her style is something that I admire about the blog and how she incorporates other bloggers with in her posts. The blog's accents and individual flavor make it a popular read in my book.


The Sartorialist
http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

"Elegance" is what I think of when I look at this picture perfect blog. Scott Shuman takes pictures of women and men that he sees in New York City that influence his interest in fashion and style. I enjoy this because it showcases real people on the streets wearing their outfits instead of models that have been primped and premed to look a certain way or match the clothes. It portrays the reality of Fashion.

I am Fashion
http://iamfashion.blogspot.com/

This blog is collaboration between two bloggers, Barneys Girl and Harrods Girl. They started the blog in college together back in 2004 and have been blogging ever since. I enjoy reading their posts because they give two different perspectives on styles and trends. The reader can feel for their individual styles with each blog. Their posts are diverse as one day they will discuss certain fashion items they love and the next they will indulge into the financial tips and current sales.


The Bag Blog
http://thebagblog.com/

This blog was created when the author, Sara Piaseczynski, realized she spent too much time thinking and researching about bags and clothes. She wanted to publish all of her information she recovered on a daily basis so other fashion lovers could take advantage of her productive obsession. I love this blog because it helps readers know what the good products or items are and if it is worth buying them. I was looking for a good moisturizer a couple days ago and found the answer through this blog. Sara used the Kiehls Ultra Facial Moisturizer and loved it, so the next day I was off to Saphora ready for my new moisturizer.


Who What Wear
http://www.whowhatwear.com/website/home.php

This blog is a widely know and read, as it publicizes celebrity styles, trend watches, and has its very own stylist. I like this blog because it incorporates my love for fashion and lets me see what my favorite actresses are wearing. The blog published the styles of NYC fashion week "What they Wore", where I saw Irina Lazareanu in a perfect sequined Shirtdress. After seeing this, I thought to myself, "I must have that shirtdress", so I kept reading and found that it was 3.1 Phillip Lim ($995). This is a great blog if you adore the clothes because the site also offers places to find clothes resembling the one’s described in their blog.


Style and the City
http://www.styleandthecity.com/street-style-paris-fashion-week/

This blog is another look at the real street style. The blogger focuses on style of people on the streets and also the highlights of fashion week. This blog is international and incorporates the style news from Paris, New York and London. I like this blog because it showcases the style from across the world. This aspect has let me realize new ways of dressing and made me want to move to Paris even more then I did before! C'est la vie!

Fashion Canvas
http://fashion-canvas.blogspot.com/

This blog is like entering an art exhibited. The blogger, Francheska, uses pictures of fashion and editorials throughout her blog. This is more of a statement, without using words. I love that she uses the pictures to express her ideas and emotions. She is located in Spain but travels allot. She blogged about her travels to Bangkok and explained her time there with vintage clothes and plenty of Pai Thai. I like this blog because it inspires me and it is formatted like a personal journal.

Fashion Pirates
http://fashionpirates.blogspot.com/

Fashion blogs do not have rules, and Arabella proves that with her personal blog. This 17 year old fashionista enjoys the fashions of old. She loves the vintage styles and incorporates them nicely within her posts. She is an eclectic writer and it is very fun to read her blog. Arabella has inspired me to search in my great grandmother’s jewelry trunk and find pieces to make an outfit. Last week I wore an embellished long gold necklace that was very noticeable and loud. The piece basically shouted "Look at me!"as I walked by people on the street. Normally I would not take the risk with an outrageous accessory, but this blog fueled me to take a chance. Thank you Arabella!

PR Couture
http://www.prcouture.com/

This is not just a fashion blog. It is the Mecca of fashion and public relations. PR Couture is a website devoted to the bloggers that are within the fashion and public relations world. It showcases many different bloggers and has a wide variety of information for people within the industry. Today I found strategies on how designers use PR in their business and how blogging is an essential part of marketing for a brand. The blog is a great place to find ideas and answer tough questions.

These blogs are some of my favorites to indulge in. They are a great way to keep up with the fashion industry and showcase new styles. I feel that blogs are a place to portray yourself to the world and these fashion bloggers inspire people to do the same. I encourage all of you to look at the blogs and see what they inspire in you. Today, I contemplated buying some chucky platform boots after reading Fashion Toast. I looked on SeeWhatWear to see if they were something the celebs were wearing and found that Chloe Sevigny rocked these boots on a regular basis. Lastly, I looked at I am Fashion, and they said “They are mighty tall, and I walked around them for a while thinking that I should probably return them because they're so tall. Except they're so awesome so I'm not going to return them.” So, because of the blogs I tried a new interesting boot outside my style comfort level, found information about the boots like who is wearing them and how they feel, and now they are some platform boots in a little cardboard box on the way to my apartment. Thanks bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! Fashion blogs are my guilty indulgences too! I am a big fan of WWW, especially how they really point out where to pick up the things you see celebrities wearing. Have you had a chance to check out Tavi's blog? A 12-year old fashion blogger with eccentric gray hair! I'm not really a fan but many are calling her a fashion genius. Odd to say the least, but it's nice to see someone so passionate at such a young age. Good luck with the Chiq assignment!

    ReplyDelete